Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Music at Texas Christian University

Find Schools Near

Music at Texas Christian University

Every music school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the music program at Texas Christian University stacks up to those at other schools.

TCU is located in Fort Worth, Texas and approximately 11,024 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 28 students received a bachelor's degree in music from TCU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Music section at the bottom of this page.

TCU Music Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Music
  • Master’s Degree in Music
  • Doctorate Degree in Music

TCU Music Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks music programs across the country. The following shows how TCU performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The music major at TCU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Music. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Music Graduate Certificate Schools 18
Best Value Music Doctor’s Degree Schools 29
Most Popular Music Undergraduate Certificate Schools 31
Most Focused Music Doctor’s Degree Schools 31
Most Popular Music Doctor’s Degree Schools 55
Best Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 78
Most Popular Music Schools 96
Best Value Music Master’s Degree Schools 105
Most Focused Music Schools 178
Best Value Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 329
Most Focused Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 374

In 2019, 20 students received their master’s degree in music from TCU. This makes it the #83 most popular school for music master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 7 students who received their doctoral degrees in music, making the school the #55 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Music Student Demographics at TCU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at Texas Christian University.

TCU Music Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 28 music students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2018-2019 from TCU, about 36% were men and 64% were women. The typical music bachelor's degree program is made up of only 45% women. So female students are more repesented at TCU since its program graduates 20% more women than average.

TCU Gender Breakdown of Music Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas Christian University with a bachelor's in music.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Music Majors at Texas Christian University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 13
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

TCU Music Master’s Program

40% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 20 students earned a master's degree in music from TCU. About 40% of these graduates were women and the other 60% were men.

TCU Gender Breakdown of Music Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas Christian University with a master's in music.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Music Majors at Texas Christian University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 8
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

TCU also has a doctoral program available in music. In 2019, 7 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Music Grads May Go Into

A degree in music can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Texas Christian University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
High School Teachers 110,420 $58,190
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 6,240 $71,520
Music Directors and Composers 890 $61,210
Sound Engineering Technicians 650 $59,810

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.