Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dance at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Dance at Temple University

If you plan to study dance, take a look at what Temple University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 37,236. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 10 students received a bachelor's degree in dance from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dance section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Dance Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dance
  • Master’s Degree in Dance
  • Doctorate Degree in Dance

Temple Dance Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks dance programs across the country. The following shows how Temple performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The dance major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Dance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Dance Basic Certificate Schools 24

In 2021, 6 students received their master’s degree in dance from Temple. This makes it the #14 most popular school for dance master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in dance, making the school the #3 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Dance Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dance majors at Temple University.

Temple Dance Bachelor’s Program

80% Women
60% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 10 dance majors earned their bachelor's degree from Temple. Of these graduates, 20% were men and 80% were women. The typical dance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% men. So male students are more repesented at Temple since its program graduates 8% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 22% more racial-ethnic minorities in its dance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in dance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Temple Dance Master’s Program

67% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The dance program at Temple awarded 6 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 12% men graduate in dance each year. Temple does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 22% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in dance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Temple also has a doctoral program available in dance. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Dance Grads May Go Into

A degree in dance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 5,050 $80,740
Choreographers 150 $37,560


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.