Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biomedical Engineering at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Biomedical Engineering at Temple University

What traits are you looking for in a bio engineering school? To help you decide if Temple University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's bio engineering program.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 37,236 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 48 bio engineering majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biomedical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Biomedical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Bio Engineering
  • Master’s Degree in Bio Engineering
  • Doctorate Degree in Bio Engineering

Temple Biomedical Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the bio engineering progam at Temple compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The bio engineering major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Biomedical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Biomedical Engineering Schools 151

In 2021, 11 students received their master’s degree in bio engineering from Temple. This makes it the #81 most popular school for bio engineering master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 3 students who received their doctoral degrees in bio engineering, making the school the #88 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of Temple Bio Engineering Graduates

The median salary of bio engineering students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $41,801. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $55,043 for all bio engineering students.


Bio Engineering Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the bio engineering majors at Temple University.

Temple Biomedical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

52% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 48 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering from Temple in 2020-2021, 48% were men and 52% were women.


About 56% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in bio engineering at Temple are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 4% more racial-ethnic minorities in its bio engineering bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in bio engineering.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 14
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 27
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Temple Biomedical Engineering Master’s Program

45% Women
18% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 11 students earned a master's degree in bio engineering from Temple. About 45% of these graduates were women and the other 55% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in bio engineering.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Temple also has a doctoral program available in bio engineering. In 2021, 3 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Bio Engineering Grads May Go Into

A degree in bio engineering can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Engineering Professors 2,950 $114,870
Biomedical Engineers 1,340 $78,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.