Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Information Systems at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Computer Information Systems at Temple University

If you plan to study computer information systems, take a look at what Temple University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 37,236. In 2021, 335 CIS majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Information Systems section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Computer Information Systems Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in CIS (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in CIS
  • Master’s Degree in CIS
  • Doctorate Degree in CIS

Online Classes Are Available at Temple

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? Temple offers distance education options for CIS at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Temple Computer Information Systems Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the CIS progam at Temple compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The CIS major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Information Systems. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree Schools 26
Most Focused Computer Information Systems Basic Certificate Schools 300

In 2021, 15 students received their master’s degree in CIS from Temple. This makes it the #172 most popular school for CIS master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 10 students who received their doctoral degrees in CIS, making the school the #37 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do CIS Graduates from Temple Make?

The median salary of CIS students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $65,773. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 24% higher than the national average of $53,242 for all CIS bachelor's degree recipients.


CIS Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CIS majors at Temple University.

Temple Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Program

23% Women
42% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 335 students earned a bachelor's degree in CIS from Temple. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 6% more racial-ethnic minorities in its CIS bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in CIS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 93
Black or African American 23
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 154
International Students 33
Other Races/Ethnicities 16

Temple Computer Information Systems Master’s Program

40% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The CIS program at Temple awarded 15 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 60% of these degrees went to men with the other 40% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in CIS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Temple also has a doctoral program available in CIS. In 2021, 10 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CIS Grads May Go Into

A degree in CIS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Software Applications Developers 28,260 $96,370
Computer Systems Analysts 21,910 $95,990
Computer Workers 19,010 $87,040
Computer and Information Systems Managers 13,070 $146,860
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 12,760 $77,700


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.