Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at Syracuse University

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at Syracuse University

Every anthropology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the anthropology program at Syracuse University stacks up to those at other schools.

Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and approximately 21,322 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,193 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University in 2021, 16 of them were anthropology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Anthropology section at the bottom of this page.

Syracuse Anthropology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

Syracuse Anthropology Rankings

The anthropology major at Syracuse is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Anthropology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 4 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from Syracuse. This makes it the #91 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in anthropology, making the school the #66 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from Syracuse Make?

The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Syracuse is $25,610. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 1% higher than the national average of $25,284 for all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients.


Anthropology Student Demographics at Syracuse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Syracuse University.

Syracuse Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The anthropology program at Syracuse awarded 16 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 25% of these degrees went to men with the other 75% going to women.


About 63% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in anthropology at Syracuse are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 10
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Syracuse Anthropology Master’s Program

100% Women
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 4 anthropology majors earned their master's degree from Syracuse. Of these graduates, 0% were men and 100% were women.


Of the students who received a anthropology master's degree from Syracuse, 75% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a master's in anthropology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Syracuse also has a doctoral program available in anthropology. In 2021, 2 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Anthropology Grads May Go Into

A degree in anthropology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Syracuse University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Anthropology and Archeology Professors 1,080 $112,460
Anthropologists and Archeologists 60 $67,860


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.