Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Syracuse University

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Syracuse University

Every information science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the IS program at Syracuse University stacks up to those at other schools.

Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and approximately 21,322 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,193 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University in 2021, 204 of them were information science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

Syracuse Information Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS
  • Master’s Degree in IS
  • Doctorate Degree in IS

Syracuse Information Science Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks IS programs across the country. The following shows how Syracuse performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at Syracuse is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Information Science Master’s Degree Schools 13
Best Information Science Master’s Degree Schools 24

In 2021, 137 students received their master’s degree in IS from Syracuse. This makes it the #13 most popular school for IS master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in IS, making the school the #28 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of Syracuse IS Graduates

The median salary of IS students who receive their bachelor's degree at Syracuse is $60,673. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 15% higher than the national average of $52,802 for all IS bachelor's degree recipients.


IS Student Demographics at Syracuse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Syracuse University.

Syracuse Information Science Bachelor’s Program

48% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 204 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Information Science from Syracuse in 2020-2021, 52% were men and 48% were women. The typical IS bachelor's degree program is made up of only 34% women. So female students are more repesented at Syracuse since its program graduates 14% more women than average.


About 51% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in IS at Syracuse are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor's in IS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 19
Black or African American 23
Hispanic or Latino 17
White 104
International Students 25
Other Races/Ethnicities 16

Syracuse Information Science Master’s Program

42% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 137 students earned a master's degree in IS from Syracuse. About 42% of these graduates were women and the other 58% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a master's in IS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 30
International Students 85
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Syracuse also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Syracuse University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Science Professors 3,030 $105,860
Computer and Information Research Scientists 1,430 $131,220


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.