Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Susquehanna University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Susquehanna University

If you plan to study design and applied arts, take a look at what Susquehanna University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Susquehanna is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania and approximately 2,315 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 19 students received a bachelor's degree in design from Susquehanna.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Susquehanna Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Susquehanna Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how Susquehanna performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Susquehanna is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 62
Best Design & Applied Arts Schools 72
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 114
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 228
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 234
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Schools 439

Earnings of Susquehanna Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Susquehanna is $34,000. This is 10% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at Susquehanna

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Susquehanna University.

Susquehanna Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

89% Women
5% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 19 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from Susquehanna. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.

Susquehanna Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 95% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at Susquehanna are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Susquehanna University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Susquehanna University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 18
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Susquehanna also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Susquehanna University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Graphic Designers 8,710 $53,050
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 5,050 $80,740
Photographers 1,740 $34,790
Interior Designers 1,510 $57,730

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.