Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at SUNY Potsdam

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at SUNY Potsdam

If you plan to study general psychology, take a look at what SUNY Potsdam has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SUNY Potsdam is located in Potsdam, New York and approximately 3,084 students attend the school each year. Of the 693 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Potsdam in 2021, 58 of them were general psychology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Potsdam General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

SUNY Potsdam General Psychology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the psychology progam at SUNY Potsdam compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at SUNY Potsdam is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 290
Most Focused General Psychology Schools 342
Best Value General Psychology Schools 563
Most Popular General Psychology Schools 592
Best General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 895

How Much Do Psychology Graduates from SUNY Potsdam Make?

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Potsdam is $24,369. This is less than $28,637, which is the national average of all psychology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Psychology Student Demographics at SUNY Potsdam

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at SUNY Potsdam.

SUNY Potsdam General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

81% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 58 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from SUNY Potsdam. About 81% of these graduates were women and the other 19% were men.


About 53% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in psychology at SUNY Potsdam are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Potsdam with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 31
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

SUNY Potsdam also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Potsdam.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 11,370 $94,140
Psychology Professors 4,840 $99,690
Psychologists 480 $99,640


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.