Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at SUNY Oneonta

Every general psychology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the psychology program at SUNY Oneonta stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and approximately 6,528 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,527 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Oneonta in 2019, 145 of them were general psychology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

SUNY Oneonta General Psychology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks psychology programs across the country. The following shows how SUNY Oneonta performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 210

Earnings of SUNY Oneonta Psychology Graduates

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oneonta is $29,900. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 7% higher than the national average of $27,900 for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Psychology Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

77% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The psychology program at SUNY Oneonta awarded 145 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. The typical psychology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 21% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Oneonta since its program graduates 1% more men than average.

SUNY Oneonta Gender Breakdown of General Psychology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in psychology at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in psychology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Psychology Majors at SUNY Oneonta
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 117
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 11,370 $94,140
Psychology Professors 4,840 $99,690
Psychologists 480 $99,640

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.