Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Student Counseling at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Student Counseling at SUNY Oneonta

Every student counseling school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the student counseling program at SUNY Oneonta stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and approximately 6,718 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Student Counseling section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Student Counseling Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Student Counseling

Online Classes Are Available at SUNY Oneonta

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

SUNY Oneonta does offer online education options in student counseling for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

SUNY Oneonta Student Counseling Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Student Counseling Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the student counseling majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Student Counseling Master’s Program

25% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 4 students earned a master's degree in student counseling from SUNY Oneonta. About 25% of these graduates were women and the other 75% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 17% men graduate in student counseling each year. SUNY Oneonta does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 58% more men than average.


Of the students who received a student counseling master's degree from SUNY Oneonta, 100% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a master's in student counseling.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Student Counseling Grads May Go Into

A degree in student counseling can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors 24,940 $67,920


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.