Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Sociology at SUNY Old Westbury

Find Schools Near

Sociology at SUNY Old Westbury

Every sociology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the sociology program at SUNY Old Westbury stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Old Westbury is located in Old Westbury, New York and approximately 5,007 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 44 students received a bachelor's degree in sociology from SUNY Old Westbury.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Sociology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Old Westbury Sociology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology

SUNY Old Westbury Sociology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the sociology progam at SUNY Old Westbury compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The sociology major at SUNY Old Westbury is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Sociology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Sociology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 95
Most Focused Sociology Schools 113
Most Popular Sociology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 160
Most Popular Sociology Schools 237
Best Sociology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 332
Best Sociology Schools 339

Earnings of SUNY Old Westbury Sociology Graduates

The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Old Westbury is $35,661. This is 17% higher than $30,566, which is the national average for all sociology bachelor's degree recipients.


Sociology Student Demographics at SUNY Old Westbury

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at SUNY Old Westbury.

SUNY Old Westbury Sociology Bachelor’s Program

86% Women
64% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 44 students earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from SUNY Old Westbury. About 86% of these graduates were women and the other 14% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 4% more racial-ethnic minorities in its sociology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Old Westbury with a bachelor's in sociology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 16
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SUNY Old Westbury also has a doctoral program available in sociology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Sociology Grads May Go Into

A degree in sociology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Old Westbury.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Sociology Professors 1,290 $90,250
Sociologists 190 $75,800


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.