Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Work at Buffalo State

Find Schools Near

Social Work at Buffalo State

If you are interested in studying social work, you may want to check out the program at Buffalo State. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Buffalo State is located in Buffalo, New York and approximately 8,339 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 73 students received a bachelor's degree in social work from Buffalo State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Social Work section at the bottom of this page.

Buffalo State Social Work Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work

Buffalo State Social Work Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks social work programs across the country. The following shows how Buffalo State performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The social work major at Buffalo State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Work. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Social Work Schools 235
Most Popular Social Work Schools 239
Most Focused Social Work Schools 281

Earnings of Buffalo State Social Work Graduates

The median salary of social work students who receive their bachelor's degree at Buffalo State is $33,534. This is 5% higher than $31,866, which is the national average for all social work bachelor's degree recipients.


Social Work Student Demographics at Buffalo State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social work majors at Buffalo State.

Buffalo State Social Work Bachelor’s Program

89% Women
56% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 73 students earned a bachelor's degree in social work from Buffalo State. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 11% more racial-ethnic minorities in its social work bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Buffalo State with a bachelor's in social work.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 23
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 32
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Buffalo State also has a doctoral program available in social work. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Social Work Grads May Go Into

A degree in social work can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Buffalo State.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Child, Family, and School Social Workers 28,530 $58,050
Healthcare Social Workers 13,290 $62,280
Social and Community Service Managers 13,110 $86,700
Substance Abuse Social Workers 11,470 $62,130
Social Workers 5,790 $67,120


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.