Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Buffalo State

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Buffalo State

What traits are you looking for in a IS school? To help you decide if Buffalo State is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's IS program.

Buffalo State is located in Buffalo, New York and has a total student population of 8,339. Of the 1,564 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Buffalo State in 2021, 73 of them were information science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

Buffalo State Information Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

Buffalo State Information Science Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks IS programs across the country. The following shows how Buffalo State performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at Buffalo State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Information Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 18

Earnings of Buffalo State IS Graduates

The median salary of IS students who receive their bachelor's degree at Buffalo State is $36,405. This is less than $52,802, which is the national average of all IS majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


IS Student Demographics at Buffalo State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Buffalo State.

Buffalo State Information Science Bachelor’s Program

16% Women
52% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 73 students earned a bachelor's degree in IS from Buffalo State. About 16% of these graduates were women and the other 84% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 13% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IS bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Buffalo State with a bachelor's in IS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 18
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 30
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Buffalo State also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Buffalo State.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Science Professors 3,030 $105,860
Computer and Information Research Scientists 1,430 $131,220


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.