Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Literature at Purchase College

Find Schools Near

Literature at Purchase College

If you are interested in studying literature, you may want to check out the program at Purchase College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Purchase College is located in Purchase, New York and has a total student population of 3,685. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 23 students received a bachelor's degree in literature from Purchase College.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Literature section at the bottom of this page.

Purchase College Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Literature

Purchase College Literature Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the literature progam at Purchase College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The literature major at Purchase College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 20
Best Value Literature Schools 21
Best Literature Schools 30

Earnings of Purchase College Literature Graduates

The median salary of literature students who receive their bachelor's degree at Purchase College is $20,339. This is less than $23,864, which is the national average of all literature majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Literature Student Demographics at Purchase College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the literature majors at Purchase College.

Purchase College Literature Bachelor’s Program

52% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The literature program at Purchase College awarded 23 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 48% of these degrees went to men with the other 52% going to women. The typical literature bachelor's degree program is made up of only 25% men. So male students are more repesented at Purchase College since its program graduates 23% more men than average.


About 65% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in literature at Purchase College are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 4% more racial-ethnic minorities in its literature bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Purchase College with a bachelor's in literature.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 15
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Purchase College also has a doctoral program available in literature. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Literature Grads May Go Into

A degree in literature can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Purchase College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Editors 19,140 $83,070
English Language and Literature Professors 7,700 $92,170
Writers and Authors 7,410 $86,380


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.