Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Work at SUNY Fredonia

Find Schools Near

Social Work at SUNY Fredonia

Every social work school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the social work program at SUNY Fredonia stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Fredonia is located in Fredonia, New York and approximately 4,055 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 28 students received a bachelor's degree in social work from SUNY Fredonia.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Social Work section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Fredonia Social Work Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work

SUNY Fredonia Social Work Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks social work programs across the country. The following shows how SUNY Fredonia performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The social work major at SUNY Fredonia is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Work. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Social Work Bachelor’s Degree Schools 210
Best Value Social Work Schools 237
Most Popular Social Work Bachelor’s Degree Schools 264
Most Focused Social Work Schools 372
Most Popular Social Work Schools 389

Earnings of SUNY Fredonia Social Work Graduates

The median salary of social work students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Fredonia is $27,808. This is less than $31,866, which is the national average of all social work majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Social Work Student Demographics at SUNY Fredonia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social work majors at SUNY Fredonia.

SUNY Fredonia Social Work Bachelor’s Program

93% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The social work program at SUNY Fredonia awarded 28 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 7% of these degrees went to men with the other 93% going to women.


About 86% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in social work at SUNY Fredonia are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Fredonia with a bachelor's in social work.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 24
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Fredonia also has a doctoral program available in social work. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Social Work Grads May Go Into

A degree in social work can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Fredonia.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Child, Family, and School Social Workers 28,530 $58,050
Healthcare Social Workers 13,290 $62,280
Social and Community Service Managers 13,110 $86,700
Substance Abuse Social Workers 11,470 $62,130
Social Workers 5,790 $67,120


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.