Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at Binghamton University

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at Binghamton University

If you plan to study general psychology, take a look at what Binghamton University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Binghamton University is located in Vestal, New York and has a total student population of 18,148. Of the 4,004 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Binghamton University in 2021, 341 of them were general psychology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

Binghamton University General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
  • Master’s Degree in Psychology

Binghamton University General Psychology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the psychology progam at Binghamton University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at Binghamton University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Psychology Schools 268
Best Value General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 355

In 2021, 6 students received their master’s degree in psychology from Binghamton University. This makes it the #223 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Psychology Graduates from Binghamton University Make?

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Binghamton University is $30,317. This is 6% higher than $28,637, which is the national average for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.


Psychology Student Demographics at Binghamton University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Binghamton University.

Binghamton University General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

76% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The psychology program at Binghamton University awarded 341 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 24% of these degrees went to men with the other 76% going to women. The typical psychology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% men. So male students are more repesented at Binghamton University since its program graduates 4% more men than average.


About 62% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in psychology at Binghamton University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 38
Black or African American 29
Hispanic or Latino 40
White 210
International Students 11
Other Races/Ethnicities 13

Binghamton University General Psychology Master’s Program

83% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 6 students earned a master's degree in psychology from Binghamton University. About 83% of these graduates were women and the other 17% were men.


Of the students who received a psychology master's degree from Binghamton University, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a master's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Binghamton University also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Binghamton University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 11,370 $94,140
Psychology Professors 4,840 $99,690
Psychologists 480 $99,640


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.