Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at University at Albany

What traits are you looking for in a psychology school? To help you decide if University at Albany is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's psychology program.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and has a total student population of 17,688. In 2021, 335 psychology majors received their bachelor's degree from UAlbany.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
  • Master’s Degree in Psychology

UAlbany General Psychology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the psychology progam at UAlbany compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at UAlbany is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Psychology Schools 344
Most Focused General Psychology Schools 380
Best Value General Psychology Schools 443

In 2021, 9 students received their master’s degree in psychology from UAlbany. This makes it the #173 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of UAlbany Psychology Graduates

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UAlbany is $30,796. This is 8% higher than $28,637, which is the national average for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.


Psychology Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

81% Women
48% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 335 students who graduated with a bachelor’s in psychology from UAlbany in 2021, 19% were men and 81% were women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 1% more racial-ethnic minorities in its psychology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 24
Black or African American 57
Hispanic or Latino 69
White 160
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 17

UAlbany General Psychology Master’s Program

89% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 9 students earned a master's degree in psychology from UAlbany. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.


Of the students who received a psychology master's degree from UAlbany, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a master's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UAlbany also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 11,370 $94,140
Psychology Professors 4,840 $99,690
Psychologists 480 $99,640


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.