Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Software & Applications at Southern New Hampshire University

Find Schools Near

Computer Software & Applications at Southern New Hampshire University

What traits are you looking for in a computer software school? To help you decide if Southern New Hampshire University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's computer software program.

SNHU is located in Manchester, New Hampshire and approximately 134,345 students attend the school each year. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 139 students received a bachelor's degree in computer software from SNHU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Software & Applications section at the bottom of this page.

SNHU Computer Software & Applications Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Software

Online Classes Are Available at SNHU

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, SNHU does offer online courses in computer software for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

SNHU Computer Software & Applications Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the computer software progam at SNHU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The computer software major at SNHU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Software & Applications. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer Software Applications Bachelor’s Degree Schools 50
Most Focused Computer Software Applications Bachelor’s Degree Schools 69
Best Computer Software Applications Schools 121

How Much Do Computer Software Graduates from SNHU Make?

The median salary of computer software students who receive their bachelor's degree at SNHU is $31,133. This is less than $33,300, which is the national average of all computer software majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Computer Software Student Demographics at SNHU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer software majors at Southern New Hampshire University.

SNHU Computer Software & Applications Bachelor’s Program

22% Women
21% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 139 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer software from SNHU. About 22% of these graduates were women and the other 78% were men.

undefined

About 76% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in computer software at SNHU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Southern New Hampshire University with a bachelor's in computer software.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 105
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 11

SNHU also has a doctoral program available in computer software. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Computer Software Grads May Go Into

A degree in computer software can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NH, the home state for Southern New Hampshire University.

Occupation Jobs in NH Average Salary in NH
Software Applications Developers 6,540 $110,740
Computer Programmers 1,350 $75,680
Graphic Designers 800 $51,710
Web Developers 630 $66,890
Database Administrators 340 $95,880

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.