Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Work at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Social Work at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying social work, you may want to check out the program at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SRU is located in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania and approximately 8,860 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 41 social work majors received their bachelor's degree from SRU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Social Work section at the bottom of this page.

SRU Social Work Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work

SRU Social Work Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the social work progam at SRU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The social work major at SRU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Work. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Social Work Master’s Degree Schools 304

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in social work from SRU. This is the #304 most popular school for social work master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of SRU Social Work Graduates

The median salary of social work students who receive their bachelor's degree at SRU is $31,446. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $31,866 for all social work students.


Social Work Student Demographics at SRU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social work majors at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

SRU Social Work Bachelor’s Program

95% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 41 students earned a bachelor's degree in social work from SRU. About 95% of these graduates were women and the other 5% were men.


About 85% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in social work at SRU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in social work.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 35
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

SRU also has a doctoral program available in social work. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Social Work Grads May Go Into

A degree in social work can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Child, Family, and School Social Workers 20,160 $43,680
Social and Community Service Managers 8,300 $65,620
Substance Abuse Social Workers 7,860 $38,440
Healthcare Social Workers 7,560 $53,770
Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists 4,150 $55,280


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.