Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General English Literature at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

General English Literature at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania

Every general English literature school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the English program at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

Ship is located in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania and approximately 6,084 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 29 students received a bachelor's degree in English from Ship.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General English Literature section at the bottom of this page.

Ship General English Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English

Ship General English Literature Rankings

The English major at Ship is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General English Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do English Graduates from Ship Make?

The median salary of English students who receive their bachelor's degree at Ship is $24,100. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $26,850 for all English students.

undefined

English Student Demographics at Ship

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English majors at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania.

Ship General English Literature Bachelor’s Program

62% Women
7% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The English program at Ship awarded 29 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 38% of these degrees went to men with the other 62% going to women. The typical English bachelor's degree program is made up of only 29% men. So male students are more repesented at Ship since its program graduates 9% more men than average.

Ship Gender Breakdown of General English Literature Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 90% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in English at Ship are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in English.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General English Literature Majors at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 26
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Ship also has a doctoral program available in English. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That English Grads May Go Into

A degree in English can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
English Language and Literature Professors 3,860 $75,970

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.