Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Fine & Studio Arts at San Diego State University

Find Schools Near

Fine & Studio Arts at San Diego State University

If you plan to study fine and studio arts, take a look at what San Diego State University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SDSU is located in San Diego, California and has a total student population of 36,334. In 2021, 218 Fine Arts majors received their bachelor's degree from SDSU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Fine & Studio Arts section at the bottom of this page.

SDSU Fine & Studio Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts
  • Master’s Degree in Fine Arts

SDSU Fine & Studio Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the Fine Arts progam at SDSU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The Fine Arts major at SDSU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Fine & Studio Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Fine & Studio Arts Schools 14
Best Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 229
Most Focused Fine & Studio Arts Schools 253

In 2021, 12 students received their master’s degree in Fine Arts from SDSU. This makes it the #78 most popular school for Fine Arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of SDSU Fine Arts Graduates

The median salary of Fine Arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at SDSU is $22,994. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $24,186 for all Fine Arts students.


Fine Arts Student Demographics at SDSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the Fine Arts majors at San Diego State University.

SDSU Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Program

72% Women
57% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 218 students earned a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts from SDSU. About 72% of these graduates were women and the other 28% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 17% more racial-ethnic minorities in its Fine Arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from San Diego State University with a bachelor's in Fine Arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 39
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 68
White 74
International Students 10
Other Races/Ethnicities 20

SDSU Fine & Studio Arts Master’s Program

67% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 12 Fine Arts students who graduated with a master's degree in 2020-2021 from SDSU, about 33% were men and 67% were women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 28% men graduate in Fine Arts each year. SDSU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 6% more men than average.


In the Fine Arts master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 50% of degree recipients. That is 10% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from San Diego State University with a master's in Fine Arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 3
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SDSU also has a doctoral program available in Fine Arts. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Fine Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in Fine Arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for San Diego State University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
High School Teachers 112,960 $80,510
Multimedia Artists and Animators 10,760 $87,960
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Art Directors 7,620 $127,630
Photographers 6,060 $52,720


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.