Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemistry at Salve Regina University

Find Schools Near

Chemistry at Salve Regina University

What traits are you looking for in a chemistry school? To help you decide if Salve Regina University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's chemistry program.

Salve Regina is located in Newport, Rhode Island and has a total student population of 2,823. In 2019, 6 chemistry majors received their bachelor's degree from Salve Regina.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Chemistry section at the bottom of this page.

Salve Regina Chemistry Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry

Salve Regina Chemistry Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the chemistry progam at Salve Regina compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The chemistry major at Salve Regina is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemistry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Chemistry Graduates 226
Most Focused Colleges for Chemistry 421
Most Popular Colleges for Chemistry 676

Chemistry Student Demographics at Salve Regina

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chemistry majors at Salve Regina University.

Salve Regina Chemistry Bachelor’s Program

83% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 6 students earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Salve Regina. About 83% of these graduates were women and the other 17% were men.

Salve Regina Gender Breakdown of Chemistry Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Salve Regina University with a bachelor's in chemistry.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Chemistry Majors at Salve Regina University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Chemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in chemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for RI, the home state for Salve Regina University.

Occupation Jobs in RI Average Salary in RI
High School Teachers 4,410 $71,440
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 300 $82,160
Chemists 180 $85,390
Chemistry Professors 80 $115,080
Physics Postsecondary Professors 80 $109,370

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.