Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dance at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Dance at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

What traits are you looking for in a dance school? To help you decide if Rutgers University - New Brunswick is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's dance program.

Rutgers New Brunswick is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey and approximately 50,411 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 24 students received a bachelor's degree in dance from Rutgers New Brunswick.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dance section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers New Brunswick Dance Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dance
  • Master’s Degree in Dance

Rutgers New Brunswick Dance Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the dance progam at Rutgers New Brunswick compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The dance major at Rutgers New Brunswick is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Dance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Dance Schools 108

In 2021, 3 students received their master’s degree in dance from Rutgers New Brunswick. This makes it the #24 most popular school for dance master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Rutgers New Brunswick Dance Graduates

The median salary of dance students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rutgers New Brunswick is $20,229. This is less than $21,579, which is the national average of all dance majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Dance Student Demographics at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dance majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Dance Bachelor’s Program

83% Women
58% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The dance program at Rutgers New Brunswick awarded 24 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 17% of these degrees went to men with the other 83% going to women. The typical dance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% men. So male students are more repesented at Rutgers New Brunswick since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 21% more racial-ethnic minorities in its dance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a bachelor's in dance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 9
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Rutgers New Brunswick Dance Master’s Program

100% Women
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 3 students graduated with a master's degree in dance from Rutgers New Brunswick. About 0% were men and 100% were women.


Of the students who received a dance master's degree from Rutgers New Brunswick, 100% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in dance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Rutgers New Brunswick also has a doctoral program available in dance. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Dance Grads May Go Into

A degree in dance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,070 $90,750
Choreographers 40 $55,680


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.