Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

If you are interested in studying pharmacy/pharmaceutical sciences, you may want to check out the program at Rutgers University - New Brunswick. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rutgers New Brunswick is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has a total student population of 50,411.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers New Brunswick Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Pharmacy
  • Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy

Online Classes Are Available at Rutgers New Brunswick

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

Rutgers New Brunswick does offer online education options in pharmacy for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

Rutgers New Brunswick Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 197 students who received their doctoral degrees in pharmacy, making the school the #12 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Pharmacy Student Demographics at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the pharmacy majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences Master’s Program

70% Women
52% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 33 students earned a master's degree in pharmacy from Rutgers New Brunswick. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men.


In the pharmacy master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 52% of degree recipients. That is 10% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in pharmacy.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 9
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Pharmacy Grads May Go Into

A degree in pharmacy can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Sales Managers 13,890 $168,950
Marketing Managers 11,380 $177,330
Pharmacists 9,280 $120,660
Health Specialties Professors 4,420 $109,190
Medical Scientists 2,960 $145,300


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.