Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Grade Specific at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Grade Specific at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

If you are interested in studying teacher education grade specific, you may want to check out the program at Rutgers University - New Brunswick. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rutgers New Brunswick is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey and approximately 50,411 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Grade Specific section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers New Brunswick Teacher Education Grade Specific Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Grade Specific Ed
  • Doctorate Degree in Grade Specific Ed

Rutgers New Brunswick Teacher Education Grade Specific Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in grade specific ed, making the school the #35 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Grade Specific Ed Student Demographics at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the grade specific ed majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Teacher Education Grade Specific Master’s Program

86% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The grade specific ed program at Rutgers New Brunswick awarded 63 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 14% of these degrees went to men with the other 86% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 12% men graduate in grade specific ed each year. Rutgers New Brunswick does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 2% more men than average.


Of the students who received a grade specific ed master's degree from Rutgers New Brunswick, 71% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in grade specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 45
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Grade Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in grade specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Elementary School Teachers 41,600 $70,660
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Middle School Teachers 24,980 $72,290
Preschool Teachers 15,820 $40,880
Self-Enrichment Education Teachers 8,560 $56,620


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.