Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Student Counseling at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Student Counseling at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

If you are interested in studying student counseling, you may want to check out the program at Rutgers University - New Brunswick. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rutgers New Brunswick is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has a total student population of 50,411.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Student Counseling section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers New Brunswick Student Counseling Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Student Counseling

Rutgers New Brunswick Student Counseling Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Student Counseling Student Demographics at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the student counseling majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Student Counseling Master’s Program

67% Women
53% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 36 students earned a master's degree in student counseling from Rutgers New Brunswick. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 17% men graduate in student counseling each year. Rutgers New Brunswick does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 16% more men than average.


In the student counseling master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 53% of degree recipients. That is 16% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in student counseling.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 16
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Student Counseling Grads May Go Into

A degree in student counseling can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors 7,090 $72,050


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.