Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Music at Rowan University

Find Schools Near

Music at Rowan University

What traits are you looking for in a music school? To help you decide if Rowan University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's music program.

Rowan is located in Glassboro, New Jersey and approximately 19,678 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 77 music majors received their bachelor's degree from Rowan.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Music section at the bottom of this page.

Rowan Music Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Music
  • Master’s Degree in Music

Rowan Music Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks music programs across the country. The following shows how Rowan performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The music major at Rowan is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Music. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 22

In 2021, 9 students received their master’s degree in music from Rowan. This makes it the #163 most popular school for music master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Music Graduates from Rowan Make?

The median salary of music students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rowan is $27,411. This is 10% higher than $24,982, which is the national average for all music bachelor's degree recipients.


Music Student Demographics at Rowan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at Rowan University.

Rowan Music Bachelor’s Program

47% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The music program at Rowan awarded 77 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 53% of these degrees went to men with the other 47% going to women.


About 78% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in music at Rowan are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rowan University with a bachelor's in music.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 60
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

Rowan Music Master’s Program

33% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 9 students who earned a master's degree in Music from Rowan in 2020-2021, 67% were men and 33% were women.


In the music master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 33% of degree recipients. That is 4% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rowan University with a master's in music.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Rowan also has a doctoral program available in music. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Music Grads May Go Into

A degree in music can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rowan University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,070 $90,750
Sound Engineering Technicians 430 $55,570
Music Directors and Composers 410 $73,320


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.