Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at Rowan University

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at Rowan University

What traits are you looking for in a psychology school? To help you decide if Rowan University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's psychology program.

Rowan is located in Glassboro, New Jersey and approximately 19,678 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 485 students received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Rowan.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

Rowan General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

Rowan General Psychology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the psychology progam at Rowan compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at Rowan is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 228
Best Value General Psychology Schools 253

How Much Do Psychology Graduates from Rowan Make?

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rowan is $28,429. This is less than $28,637, which is the national average of all psychology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Psychology Student Demographics at Rowan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Rowan University.

Rowan General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

76% Women
37% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 485 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Rowan. About 76% of these graduates were women and the other 24% were men. The typical psychology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% men. So male students are more repesented at Rowan since its program graduates 3% more men than average.


About 60% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in psychology at Rowan are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rowan University with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 70
Hispanic or Latino 72
White 293
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 31

Rowan also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rowan University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Managers 18,370 $138,820
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 3,760 $98,470
Psychology Professors 1,150 $99,670
Industrial-Organizational Psychologists 30 $119,700


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.