Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Rochester Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Rochester Institute of Technology

Every computer science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the compsci program at Rochester Institute of Technology stacks up to those at other schools.

RIT is located in Rochester, New York and has a total student population of 16,254. In 2019, 135 compsci majors received their bachelor's degree from RIT.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Science section at the bottom of this page.

RIT Computer Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci

RIT Computer Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the compsci progam at RIT compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The compsci major at RIT is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 154
Best Value Computer Science Schools 204

In 2019, 142 students received their master’s degree in compsci from RIT. This makes it the #23 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from RIT Make?

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at RIT is $85,300. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 34% higher than the national average of $63,700 for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

CompSci Student Demographics at RIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Rochester Institute of Technology.

RIT Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

13% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The compsci program at RIT awarded 135 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 87% of these degrees went to men with the other 13% going to women.

RIT Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in compsci at RIT are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Rochester Institute of Technology
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 15
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 99
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

RIT Computer Science Master’s Program

22% Women
4% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 142 students earned a master's degree in compsci from RIT. About 22% of these graduates were women and the other 78% were men.

RIT Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a master's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Rochester Institute of Technology
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 16
International Students 121
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

RIT also has a doctoral program available in compsci. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CompSci Grads May Go Into

A degree in compsci can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Rochester Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Software Applications Developers 52,640 $116,830
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Programmers 15,380 $91,250
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.