Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Sociology at Ramapo College of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

Sociology at Ramapo College of New Jersey

If you are interested in studying sociology, you may want to check out the program at Ramapo College of New Jersey. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Ramapo College is located in Mahwah, New Jersey and approximately 6,042 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 19 sociology majors received their bachelor's degree from Ramapo College.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Sociology section at the bottom of this page.

Ramapo College Sociology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology

Ramapo College Sociology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the sociology progam at Ramapo College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The sociology major at Ramapo College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Sociology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Sociology Master’s Degree Schools 200
Best Sociology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 222
Most Focused Sociology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 380

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in sociology from Ramapo College. This is the #201 most popular school for sociology master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Ramapo College Sociology Graduates

The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Ramapo College is $31,525. This is 3% higher than $30,566, which is the national average for all sociology bachelor's degree recipients.


Sociology Student Demographics at Ramapo College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Ramapo College Sociology Bachelor’s Program

47% Women
53% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 19 students earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from Ramapo College. About 47% of these graduates were women and the other 53% were men. The typical sociology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 25% men. So male students are more repesented at Ramapo College since its program graduates 28% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey with a bachelor's in sociology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 7
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Ramapo College also has a doctoral program available in sociology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Sociology Grads May Go Into

A degree in sociology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Managers 18,370 $138,820
Sociology Professors 480 $94,620
Sociologists 40 $106,470


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.