Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Special Education at Ramapo College of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

Special Education at Ramapo College of New Jersey

If you are interested in studying special education, you may want to check out the program at Ramapo College of New Jersey. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Ramapo College is located in Mahwah, New Jersey and has a total student population of 6,042.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Special Education section at the bottom of this page.

Ramapo College Special Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Special Ed

Ramapo College Special Education Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Special Ed Student Demographics at Ramapo College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the special ed majors at Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Ramapo College Special Education Master’s Program

92% Women
13% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 24 students earned a master's degree in special ed from Ramapo College. About 92% of these graduates were women and the other 8% were men.


Of the students who received a special ed master's degree from Ramapo College, 88% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey with a master's in special ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 21
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Special Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in special ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Kindergarten or Elementary School Special Education Teachers 12,110 $70,630
Middle School Special Education Teachers 6,850 $71,850
Special Education Professors 6,290 $75,970
Special Education Teachers 2,340 $65,380
Interpreters and Translators 540 $74,750


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.