Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at Point Park University

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at Point Park University

What traits are you looking for in a psychology school? To help you decide if Point Park University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's psychology program.

Point Park is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 3,591. Of the 616 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Point Park University in 2021, 29 of them were general psychology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

Point Park General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

Point Park General Psychology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks psychology programs across the country. The following shows how Point Park performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at Point Park is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 713
Most Focused General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 937
Most Focused General Psychology Schools 1,115

Psychology Student Demographics at Point Park

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Point Park University.

Point Park General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

83% Women
34% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The psychology program at Point Park awarded 29 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 17% of these degrees went to men with the other 83% going to women.


About 59% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in psychology at Point Park are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Point Park University with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 17
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Point Park also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Point Park University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 4,440 $83,610
Psychology Professors 2,130 $89,300
Psychologists 460 $87,940


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.