Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at Pennsylvania State University - University Park

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at Pennsylvania State University - University Park

If you are interested in studying general visual and performing arts, you may want to check out the program at Pennsylvania State University - University Park. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Penn State University Park is located in University Park, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 91,427. Of the 10,893 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University - University Park in 2019, 20 of them were general visual and performing arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Penn State University Park General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts

Penn State University Park General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks visual arts programs across the country. The following shows how Penn State University Park performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at Penn State University Park is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular General Visual & Performing Arts Schools 75

How Much Do Visual Arts Graduates from Penn State University Park Make?

The median salary of visual arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at Penn State University Park is $26,700. This is 1% higher than $26,400, which is the national average for all visual arts bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Visual Arts Student Demographics at Penn State University Park

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at Pennsylvania State University - University Park.

Penn State University Park General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 20 students earned a bachelor's degree in visual arts from Penn State University Park. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.

Penn State University Park Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 70% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in visual arts at Penn State University Park are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Pennsylvania State University - University Park with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at Pennsylvania State University - University Park
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 14
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Penn State University Park also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Pennsylvania State University - University Park.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Graphic Designers 8,710 $53,050
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 5,050 $80,740
Photographers 1,740 $34,790
Art Directors 1,110 $98,410
Multimedia Artists and Animators 470 $68,580

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.