Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Student Counseling at University of Holy Cross

Find Schools Near

Student Counseling at University of Holy Cross

Every student counseling school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the student counseling program at University of Holy Cross stacks up to those at other schools.

UHC is located in New Orleans, Louisiana and has a total student population of 1,246. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 3 students received a bachelor's degree in student counseling from UHC.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Student Counseling section at the bottom of this page.

UHC Student Counseling Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Student Counseling
  • Master’s Degree in Student Counseling

Online Classes Are Available at UHC

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

For those who are interested in distance learning, UHC does offer online courses in student counseling for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

UHC Student Counseling Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks student counseling programs across the country. The following shows how UHC performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The student counseling major at UHC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Student Counseling. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Student Counseling 1
Most Popular Colleges for Student Counseling 1
Most Popular Online Student Counseling Schools 1

In 2019, 7 students received their master’s degree in student counseling from UHC. This makes it the #361 most popular school for student counseling master’s degree candidates in the country.

Student Counseling Student Demographics at UHC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the student counseling majors at University of Holy Cross.

UHC Student Counseling Bachelor’s Program

100% Women
100% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
For the most recent academic year available, 0% of student counseling bachelor's degrees went to men and 100% went to women.

UHC Gender Breakdown of Student Counseling Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Holy Cross with a bachelor's in student counseling.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Student Counseling Majors at University of Holy Cross
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 0
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UHC Student Counseling Master’s Program

86% Women
57% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The student counseling program at UHC awarded 7 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 14% of these degrees went to men with the other 86% going to women.

UHC Gender Breakdown of Student Counseling Master's Degree Grads

In the student counseling master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 57% of degree recipients. That is 21% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Holy Cross with a master's in student counseling.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Student Counseling Majors at University of Holy Cross
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Student Counseling Grads May Go Into

A degree in student counseling can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for LA, the home state for University of Holy Cross.

Occupation Jobs in LA Average Salary in LA
Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors 4,970 $55,500

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.