Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dance at New York University

Find Schools Near

Dance at New York University

Every dance school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the dance program at New York University stacks up to those at other schools.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 22 dance majors received their bachelor's degree from NYU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dance section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Dance Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dance
  • Master’s Degree in Dance

NYU Dance Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks dance programs across the country. The following shows how NYU performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The dance major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Dance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Dance Schools 143

In 2021, 29 students received their master’s degree in dance from NYU. This makes it the #1 most popular school for dance master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of NYU Dance Graduates

The median salary of dance students who receive their bachelor's degree at NYU is $21,881. This is 1% higher than $21,579, which is the national average for all dance bachelor's degree recipients.


Dance Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dance majors at New York University.

NYU Dance Bachelor’s Program

68% Women
68% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The dance program at NYU awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 32% of these degrees went to men with the other 68% going to women. The typical dance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% men. So male students are more repesented at NYU since its program graduates 20% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 30% more racial-ethnic minorities in its dance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in dance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 4
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

NYU Dance Master’s Program

86% Women
55% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 29 students who earned a master's degree in Dance from NYU in 2020-2021, 14% were men and 86% were women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 12% men graduate in dance each year. NYU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 2% more men than average.


In the dance master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 55% of degree recipients. That is 17% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in dance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 9
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

NYU also has a doctoral program available in dance. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Dance Grads May Go Into

A degree in dance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Choreographers 60 $85,720


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.