Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemistry at New York University

Find Schools Near

Chemistry at New York University

If you are interested in studying chemistry, you may want to check out the program at New York University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 38 students received a bachelor's degree in chemistry from NYU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Chemistry section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Chemistry Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Master’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Doctorate Degree in Chemistry

NYU Chemistry Rankings

The chemistry major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemistry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 27 students received their master’s degree in chemistry from NYU. This makes it the #19 most popular school for chemistry master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 20 students who received their doctoral degrees in chemistry, making the school the #46 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of NYU Chemistry Graduates

The median salary of chemistry students who receive their bachelor's degree at NYU is $22,406. This is less than $37,104, which is the national average of all chemistry majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Chemistry Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chemistry majors at New York University.

NYU Chemistry Bachelor’s Program

42% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The chemistry program at NYU awarded 38 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 58% of these degrees went to men with the other 42% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 15% more racial-ethnic minorities in its chemistry bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in chemistry.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 12
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

NYU Chemistry Master’s Program

56% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 44% of chemistry master's degrees went to men and 56% went to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in chemistry.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 7
International Students 13
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

NYU also has a doctoral program available in chemistry. In 2021, 20 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Chemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in chemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 4,400 $79,340
Chemists 3,360 $85,590
Chemistry Professors 2,270 $102,260
Physics Postsecondary Professors 1,430 $117,370


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.