Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Environmental Engineering at New York University

Find Schools Near

Environmental Engineering at New York University

If you are interested in studying environmental engineering, you may want to check out the program at New York University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Environmental Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Environmental Engineering Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering

NYU Environmental Engineering Rankings

Environmental Engineering Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the environmental engineering majors at New York University.

NYU Environmental Engineering Master’s Program

58% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 19 students earned a master's degree in environmental engineering from NYU. About 58% of these graduates were women and the other 42% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in environmental engineering.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 1
International Students 15
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Environmental Engineering Grads May Go Into

A degree in environmental engineering can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Environmental Engineers 3,100 $90,470
Engineering Professors 2,900 $127,010
Health and Safety Engineers 1,830 $95,530


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.