Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biomedical Engineering at New York University

Find Schools Near

Biomedical Engineering at New York University

What traits are you looking for in a bio engineering school? To help you decide if New York University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's bio engineering program.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biomedical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Biomedical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Bio Engineering

NYU Biomedical Engineering Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 0 student who received their doctoral degrees in bio engineering, making the school the #120 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Bio Engineering Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the bio engineering majors at New York University.

NYU Biomedical Engineering Master’s Program

61% Women
21% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The bio engineering program at NYU awarded 28 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 39% of these degrees went to men with the other 61% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in bio engineering.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 7
International Students 15
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Bio Engineering Grads May Go Into

A degree in bio engineering can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Engineering Professors 2,900 $127,010
Biomedical Engineers 440 $101,460


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.