Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Real Estate at New York University

Find Schools Near

Real Estate at New York University

Every real estate school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the real estate program at New York University stacks up to those at other schools.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year. Of the 6,752 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from New York University in 2021, 77 of them were real estate majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Real Estate section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Real Estate Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate
  • Master’s Degree in Real Estate

NYU Real Estate Rankings

The real estate major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Real Estate. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 274 students received their master’s degree in real estate from NYU. This makes it the #1 most popular school for real estate master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of NYU Real Estate Graduates

The median salary of real estate students who receive their bachelor's degree at NYU is $60,021. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 17% higher than the national average of $51,372 for all real estate bachelor's degree recipients.


Real Estate Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the real estate majors at New York University.

NYU Real Estate Bachelor’s Program

21% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 77 real estate students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2020-2021 from NYU, about 79% were men and 21% were women.


About 51% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in real estate at NYU are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in real estate.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 39
International Students 15
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

NYU Real Estate Master’s Program

24% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The real estate program at NYU awarded 274 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 76% of these degrees went to men with the other 24% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in real estate.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 27
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 19
White 125
International Students 63
Other Races/Ethnicities 32

NYU also has a doctoral program available in real estate. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Real Estate Grads May Go Into

A degree in real estate can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers 8,650 $112,580
Real Estate Sales Agents 4,870 $116,460
Real Estate Appraisers 2,960 $63,100
Real Estate Brokers 1,550 $85,190


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.