Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at Montclair State University

Find Schools Near

Nursing at Montclair State University

If you plan to study nursing, take a look at what Montclair State University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Montclair State is located in Montclair, New Jersey and has a total student population of 21,005. In 2021, 50 nursing majors received their bachelor's degree from Montclair State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nursing section at the bottom of this page.

Montclair State Nursing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing

Montclair State Nursing Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks nursing programs across the country. The following shows how Montclair State performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The nursing major at Montclair State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nursing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Nursing Schools 1,267
Most Focused Nursing Schools 1,988

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in nursing from Montclair State. This is the #604 most popular school for nursing master’s degree candidates in the country.

Nursing Student Demographics at Montclair State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at Montclair State University.

Montclair State Nursing Bachelor’s Program

92% Women
58% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 50 students earned a bachelor's degree in nursing from Montclair State. About 92% of these graduates were women and the other 8% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 22% more racial-ethnic minorities in its nursing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Montclair State University with a bachelor's in nursing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 18
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Montclair State also has a doctoral program available in nursing. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Nursing Grads May Go Into

A degree in nursing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Montclair State University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Registered Nurses 79,530 $82,750
Medical and Health Services Managers 11,260 $116,750
Nurse Practitioners 5,900 $122,100
Nursing Instructors and Professors 2,000 $89,950
Nurse Midwives 180 $113,980


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.