Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Student Counseling at Kean University

Find Schools Near

Student Counseling at Kean University

What traits are you looking for in a student counseling school? To help you decide if Kean University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's student counseling program.

Kean is located in Union, New Jersey and has a total student population of 14,064.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Student Counseling section at the bottom of this page.

Kean Student Counseling Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Student Counseling

Kean Student Counseling Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Student Counseling Student Demographics at Kean

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the student counseling majors at Kean University.

Kean Student Counseling Master’s Program

79% Women
42% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The student counseling program at Kean awarded 76 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 21% of these degrees went to men with the other 79% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 17% men graduate in student counseling each year. Kean does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 4% more men than average.


Of the students who received a student counseling master's degree from Kean, 55% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level. In the student counseling master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 42% of degree recipients. That is 5% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Kean University with a master's in student counseling.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 15
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 42
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Student Counseling Grads May Go Into

A degree in student counseling can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Kean University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors 7,090 $72,050


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.