Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Johns Hopkins University

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Johns Hopkins University

Every information science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the IS program at Johns Hopkins University stacks up to those at other schools.

Johns Hopkins is located in Baltimore, Maryland and approximately 27,079 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

Johns Hopkins Information Science Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IS

Online Classes Are Available at Johns Hopkins

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? Johns Hopkins offers distance education options for IS at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Johns Hopkins Information Science Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2019, 77 students received their master’s degree in IS from Johns Hopkins. This makes it the #26 most popular school for IS master’s degree candidates in the country.

IS Student Demographics at Johns Hopkins

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Johns Hopkins University.

Johns Hopkins Information Science Master’s Program

42% Women
26% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 77 students earned a master's degree in IS from Johns Hopkins. About 42% of these graduates were women and the other 58% were men.

Johns Hopkins Gender Breakdown of Information Science Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a IS master's degree from Johns Hopkins, 56% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a master's in IS.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Science Majors at Johns Hopkins University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 43
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 14

Johns Hopkins also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for Johns Hopkins University.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Systems Software Developers 15,430 $119,860
Computer Workers 13,720 $113,330
Computer and Information Systems Managers 10,590 $154,870
Computer and Information Research Scientists 2,900 $119,180
Computer Science Professors 770 $107,350

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.