Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mental & Social Health Services at Divine Mercy University

Find Schools Near

Mental & Social Health Services at Divine Mercy University

If you plan to study mental and social health services, take a look at what Divine Mercy University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

DMU is located in Arlington, Virginia and has a total student population of 340.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Mental & Social Health Services section at the bottom of this page.

DMU Mental & Social Health Services Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Mental Health Services

Online Classes Are Available at DMU

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

DMU does offer online education options in mental health services for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

DMU Mental & Social Health Services Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Mental Health Services Student Demographics at DMU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the mental health services majors at Divine Mercy University.

DMU Mental & Social Health Services Master’s Program

67% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The mental health services program at DMU awarded 12 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 20% men graduate in mental health services each year. DMU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 13% more men than average.

DMU Gender Breakdown of Mental & Social Health Services Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a mental health services master's degree from DMU, 75% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Divine Mercy University with a master's in mental health services.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Mental & Social Health Services Majors at Divine Mercy University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 9
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Mental Health Services Grads May Go Into

A degree in mental health services can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Divine Mercy University.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Substance Abuse Social Workers 4,720 $51,660
Healthcare Social Workers 3,720 $57,510
Psychiatric Technicians 2,860 $30,650
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 2,680 $80,380
Clergy 1,360 $43,640

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.