Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Applied Mathematics at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Applied Mathematics at George Washington University

If you plan to study applied mathematics, take a look at what George Washington University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 27,017.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Applied Mathematics section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Applied Mathematics Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Applied Math

GWU Applied Mathematics Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Applied Math Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the applied math majors at George Washington University.

GWU Applied Mathematics Master’s Program

43% Women
6% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 108 students earned a master's degree in applied math from GWU. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in applied math.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
International Students 96
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Applied Math Grads May Go Into

A degree in applied math can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Economists 6,380 $134,260
Financial Analysts 3,850 $102,510
Financial Specialists 3,070 $107,760
Statisticians 1,240 $104,310
Natural Sciences Managers 1,200 $132,310


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.