Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mental & Social Health Services at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Mental & Social Health Services at George Washington University

What traits are you looking for in a mental health services school? To help you decide if George Washington University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's mental health services program.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Mental & Social Health Services section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Mental & Social Health Services Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Mental Health Services

GWU Mental & Social Health Services Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Mental Health Services Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the mental health services majors at George Washington University.

GWU Mental & Social Health Services Master’s Program

89% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The mental health services program at GWU awarded 18 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 11% of these degrees went to men with the other 89% going to women.


Of the students who received a mental health services master's degree from GWU, 56% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in mental health services.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 10
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Mental Health Services Grads May Go Into

A degree in mental health services can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Community Health Workers 810 $61,770
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 710 $95,500
Substance Abuse Social Workers 470 $69,690
Psychiatric Technicians 470 $50,490
Healthcare Social Workers 450 $72,090


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.