Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biomathematics & Bioinformatics at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Biomathematics & Bioinformatics at George Washington University

If you plan to study biomathematics and bioinformatics, take a look at what George Washington University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biomathematics & Bioinformatics section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Biomathematics & Bioinformatics Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Biomathematics
  • Doctorate Degree in Biomathematics

GWU Biomathematics & Bioinformatics Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in biomathematics, making the school the #66 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Biomathematics Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biomathematics majors at George Washington University.

GWU Biomathematics & Bioinformatics Master’s Program

64% Women
44% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 36 students earned a master's degree in biomathematics from GWU. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men.


In the biomathematics master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 44% of degree recipients. That is 15% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in biomathematics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 3
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Biomathematics Grads May Go Into

A degree in biomathematics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Computer Workers 18,040 $117,540
Software Applications Developers 2,520 $112,510
Statisticians 1,240 $104,310
Natural Sciences Managers 1,200 $132,310


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.