Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Sociology at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

Sociology at Lehman College

What traits are you looking for in a sociology school? To help you decide if Lehman College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's sociology program.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and has a total student population of 15,091. Of the 2,958 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Lehman College in 2021, 248 of them were sociology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Sociology section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman Sociology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology

Lehman Sociology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the sociology progam at Lehman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The sociology major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Sociology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Sociology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 18
Most Focused Sociology Schools 24

Earnings of Lehman Sociology Graduates

The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lehman is $35,404. This is 16% higher than $30,566, which is the national average for all sociology bachelor's degree recipients.


Sociology Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at Lehman College.

Lehman Sociology Bachelor’s Program

87% Women
96% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The sociology program at Lehman awarded 248 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 13% of these degrees went to men with the other 87% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 37% more racial-ethnic minorities in its sociology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in sociology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 60
Hispanic or Latino 163
White 6
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in sociology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Sociology Grads May Go Into

A degree in sociology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Sociology Professors 1,290 $90,250
Sociologists 190 $75,800


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.