Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at Lehman College

If you plan to study political science and government, take a look at what Lehman College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and has a total student population of 15,091. In 2021, 39 political science majors received their bachelor's degree from Lehman.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Political Science & Government section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman Political Science & Government Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science

Lehman Political Science & Government Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the political science progam at Lehman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The political science major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Political Science & Government. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 170
Best Value Political Science & Government Schools 184
Most Popular Political Science & Government Schools 309
Most Focused Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 670

How Much Do Political Science Graduates from Lehman Make?

The median salary of political science students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lehman is $33,417. This is 1% higher than $33,089, which is the national average for all political science bachelor's degree recipients.


Political Science Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at Lehman College.

Lehman Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

69% Women
87% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 39 students earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Lehman. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 48% more racial-ethnic minorities in its political science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in political science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 17
White 3
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in political science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Political Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in political science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Political Science Professors 1,680 $125,360
Economics Professors 1,650 $129,370
Economists 750 $127,520
Political Scientists 90 $122,440


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.