Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at Lehman College

Every general psychology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the psychology program at Lehman College stacks up to those at other schools.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and approximately 15,091 students attend the school each year. Of the 2,958 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Lehman College in 2021, 324 of them were general psychology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

Lehman General Psychology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the psychology progam at Lehman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 352

Earnings of Lehman Psychology Graduates

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lehman is $35,822. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 25% higher than the national average of $28,637 for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.


Psychology Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Lehman College.

Lehman General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

86% Women
94% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 324 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Lehman. About 86% of these graduates were women and the other 14% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 48% more racial-ethnic minorities in its psychology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 67
Hispanic or Latino 224
White 12
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 11,370 $94,140
Psychology Professors 4,840 $99,690
Psychologists 480 $99,640


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.