Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Lehman College

Every information science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the IS program at Lehman College stacks up to those at other schools.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and has a total student population of 15,091. In 2021, 83 IS majors received their bachelor's degree from Lehman.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman Information Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

Lehman Information Science Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks IS programs across the country. The following shows how Lehman performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Information Science Schools 44
Most Focused Information Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 47
Most Focused Information Science Schools 98

How Much Do IS Graduates from Lehman Make?

The median salary of IS students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lehman is $41,176. This is less than $52,802, which is the national average of all IS majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


IS Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Lehman College.

Lehman Information Science Bachelor’s Program

20% Women
88% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 83 students earned a bachelor's degree in IS from Lehman. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 49% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IS bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in IS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 23
Hispanic or Latino 38
White 6
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Science Professors 3,030 $105,860
Computer and Information Research Scientists 1,430 $131,220


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.